The Minot-Sleeper Library has been serving the community since 1885, acting as a cultural center and meeting place for patrons and the community. The Library is open six days a week, free to all patrons in the Newfound area, and offers a wide range of resources including books, magazines, DVDs, internet accessible computers, Wi-Fi connectivity, downloadable audio and eBooks, adult and children’s programming and so much more.
On January 16, 1884, the town of Bristol voted to accept the gift of a library building and land from Josiah Minot and Solomon Sleeper and to manage and maintain a public library. The Minot-Sleeper Library became the first building erected to specifically house a public library in the Lakes Region at the time, when it was officially opened to the community in 1885.
On August 15, 2012 a groundbreaking ceremony was held in celebration of the library's expansion. In February 2013, the new addition was ready for use. By May 25, 2013 the entire renovation project was completed and a dedication ceremony was held. The library patrons were able to enjoy the facility as it is seen today. The library now has 3800 square feet of usable space in which to house its expanding collection and new technologies. It remains aesthetically faithful to the original Victorian style brick building.